June 12, 2020
We are very excited that the Governor has given the ok for gyms to open on June 15th, 2020 so long as we’re able to follow the guidelines that will be outlined below. We have put a great deal of time and effort into making sure we can comply with the Governor’s guidelines which include CDC recommendations and will need your help. Please read and become familiar with the guidelines so that we can open and remain open.
- Capacity within the gym will be limited to 50% of the licensed capacity and will be monitored by Performance Staff
- We will start opening with the following hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from Noon to 6pm; Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30am to 7:30 pm. There is one class offered on Sunday, but we are not opening the gym for weekend hours yet. These hours are a starting point and we expect they will change as we continue along this process.
- Members must wear masks while not exercising. Staff will wear masks at all times.
- While in classes, members must maintain distancing of 8-10 feet. While in the rest of the gym the guidelines ask for 6 feet. Members will be allowed to use any equipment so long as they can remain at least 6 feet from another member (those living in the same household do not have to distance from each other).
- There will be hand Sanitizer throughout the gym and we highly recommend that members use it frequently.
- The guidelines recommend that members practice wear in/wear out clothing, but also allow for showers to be open. Saunas, however, will remain closed until further notice.
Staff will be making regular rounds through the gym and work with members to ensure these guidelines.
I understand that this is a different way of doing things and I ask for your cooperation as we work through this process. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thank you and see you at the gym!